Welcome to AgeWise Colorado! We’re a free, easy-to-use hub for all things related to aging in place for you or your loved one.
Our goal is to take the stress out of finding reliable information and trusted resources that can meet the needs of seniors aging in place.
Our Vetting Process for Our Participating Providers
AgeWise Colorado was created specifically with older adults and their loved ones in mind. We know how hard it can be when you’re searching for products and services to help older adults stay in their homes. As a non-profit organization, we’re committed to helping you find what is needed quickly and easily.
We also have a stringent vetting process that all providers interested in becoming one of AgeWise Colorado’s Participating Providers must go through. Once an organization becomes a Participating Provider they are then included in our Participating Provider Directory. In addition, they will have an annual check-up to ensure they continue to meet our rigorous standards.
How Do We Connect You With the Information and Resources You Need Around Aging in Place?
Our approach is twofold: First, we provide reliable and up-to-date information about the many aspects and challenges impacting older adults who are aging in place, and beyond. We provide educational events and videos to help you.
Second, we connect you to the products and services you are looking for by matching you to locally based Participating Providers.
In the near future, we will also have knowledgeable staff you can speak with for more information.
What Types of Products and Services do You Need?
We’ll connect you with the resources and organizations that meet you or your loved one’s interests and needs across a range of aging in place related offerings. The types of products and services included cover:
- Finance & Legal matters
- Home Modifications
- In-home Care services
- Smart Technology for the home and person
- End-of-Life Planning
- Community Resources
- Healthy Aging
- Alternative Housing and Care
- And more!
AgeWise Colorado’s mission is to alleviate the challenges older Coloradans and their families face by providing reliable information and trusted resources to help seniors thrive as they age in place.
To be the go-to online hub for older Coloradans and their families to learn about and find the products and services available to thrive as they age in place.
AgeWise Colorado is a mission-driven organization created to:
Meet a real public service need by filling a significant information gap for older Coloradans and their families struggling to find reliable information and helpful, trusted, resources when (or before) aging-related issues arise.
We are Coloradans focused solely on older Coloradans and their families and closest friends. We have both deep and broad experience in the many aging related issues and activities around the state and employ that experience for you.
Who are the People behind AgeWise Colorado?
- Barbara Boyer, Volunteer Executive Director: Over 20+ years of nonprofit management experience, member of DRCOG AAA Agency Council on Aging and ACCOA Board of Directors
- Bob Brocker, AgeWise Colorado Board President: Retired businessman, long-time volunteer and board member of two non-profits: A Little Help and Colorado Center on Aging
- Dr. Eric Chess, JD, MD: University of Denver Faculty Member
- Paul Freeman: Business Consultant and retired CFO of Home Advisor
- Pat Kelly: Business Owner (Routinify), former Telecomm Executive
- Chris Lynn: CEO of Seniors’ Resource Center
- Ed Shackelford: Realtor and volunteer
- Rick Smith: Community Activist, Transformational Leader, Fundraiser, Board & Community Developer
- Connie Ward: United Health Medical Solutions, former Telecomm Executive, volunteer for the Colorado Center on Aging and other organizations