ACAN meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 9:00 a.m. at the Thornton Community Connections Center, 9471 Dorothy Blvd., Thornton, CO 80229. You can also attend via Zoom. Seniors, their family members and providers are welcome to attend!
The ACAN Resource Fair held on Thursday November 10, 2022 was a great success. Information will be released about the 2023 Fair so stay posted.
The mission of the Adams County Aging Network is:
- To serve as a beacon lighting the way of the again experience through the discovery and expression of every person’s possibilities
- To endeavor to heighten the experience for all those who make the journey.
The goals of the Adams County Aging Network are:
- To share leadership through active involvement of members
- To inform and educate older adults, service providers, and the community about issues
- To create ongoing research and planning to identify the most urgent needs in Adams County
- To promote recognition of outstanding contributions made by individuals and organizations
- To advocate on behalf of the aging population’s collective needs
- To obtain funding for the promotion of ACAN and for special needs and projects
- To serve as a responsible Community Advisory Committee to the Single Entry Point agency
- To serve as the County Council on Aging for Adams County
- To coordinate with the Area Agency on Aging for the Adams County Office of Community Outreach, County Commissions, and other entities to plan, prioritize, and develop funding methods and resources for unmet needs of older adults in Adams County
If you are a participant in our monthly meetings or a current member you should have
received our current Membership Form. ACAN Membership is an annual membership.
ACAN Annual Membership
Monthly educational presentations, exposure to resources for seniors, monthly newsletter, and advanced notice of the ACAN Senior Conference.
Includes all of the above plus opportunity for advertising in the monthly newsletter, discount on ACAN Senior Conference exhibitor fee of 10%, list of members on the website, and contact information for all business members. Please contact the ACAN coordinator for more information
on the advertising opportunity.
Annual dues are:
Individual over 60 FREE
Individual membership, under 60 $20
Nonprofit agency $35
For profit business $65
We request that members pay dues, but do not restrict our
meetings or mailings to dues-paying members. Advertising
is restricted to dues-paying members. Make checks payable
to ACAN and mail to the newsletter return address or email
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Help Needed for Community Garden
Anyone interested can email or text Cathy