ACAN meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 9:00 a.m. at the Thornton Community Connections Center, 9471 Dorothy Blvd., Thornton, CO 80229. You can also attend via Zoom. Seniors, their family members and providers are welcome to attend!
The ACAN Resource Fair will be held on Thursday November 10, 2022 from 9:00 A.M. to 12 noon at the Thornton Community Connections Center, 9471 Dorothy Blvd. This is a free event for registered senior attendees. We will charge the exhibitors/sponsors a modest fee. More information soon!
The mission of the Adams County Aging Network is
- To serve as a beacon lighting the way of the again experience through the discovery and expression of every person’s possibilities
- To endeavor to heighten the experience for all those who make the journey.
The goals of the Adams County Aging Network are:
- To share leadership through active involvement of members
- To inform and educate older adults, service providers, and the community about issues
- To create ongoing research and planning to identify the most urgent needs in Adams County
- To promote recognition of outstanding contributions made by individuals and organizations
- To advocate on behalf of the aging population’s collective needs
- To obtain funding for the promotion of ACAN and for special needs and projects
- To serve as a responsible Community Advisory Committee to the Single Entry Point agency
- To serve as the County Council on Aging for Adams County
- To coordinate with the Area Agency on Aging for the Adams County Office of Community Outreach, County Commissions, and other entities to plan, prioritize, and develop funding methods and resources for unmet needs of older adults in Adams County
Content copyright 2021. ACANONLINE.ORG. All rights reserved.