Options for Long-term Care
Case managers asses the elderly, blind and disabled in both Alamosa and Saguache Counties to determine functional abilities. Medicaid eligibility is a requirement. Services are accessed to allow those clients to stay in their own home as opposed to a nursing home placement.
Persons that are elderly and/or disabled are assessed for alternatives to Nursing Home Care, whereby services will be given in the home. Services may include homemaking, personal care, home modifications, electronic monitoring, adult day services, non-medical transportation, alternative care facility, respite care and consumer directed attendant support.
- HCBS: Elderly, Blind, Physically Disabled (EBD) Waiver
- Serves adults (18+) who need care on a long term basis due to age and/or physical disability.
- HCBS: Brain Injury (BI) Waiver
- Serves people age 16 to 64 who have a brain injury and as a result require extra support to live in their home.
- HCBS: Community Mental Health Support Services (CMHS) Waiver
- Serves adults (18+) who need care/supervision on a long term basis due to major mental illness.
- Home Care Allowance
- Serves children and adults who need help to meet basic needs like homemaking and personal care. Recipients must receive SSI.
SLV Home Health
When you need Home Health Care, you need high-quality, compassionate care, quickly.
- Skilled Nursing: Including but not limited to skilled assessment, patient education, wound care, medication management, diabetic instruction and care, Phlebotomy, IV therapy, PICC Line care, and co-morbidity management!
- Physical Therapy: Including general strengthening, gait training, motion exercises, home exercise program development, Post CVA/MI Rehab, Range of Motion exercise, Wound Assessment and Treatment.
- Certified Nursing Aides: Skilled Bathing and personal care services, simple therapy exercises under the instruction of an RN or PT, patient monitoring, and skilled transfer.
We assist veterans and their dependents with filing for all VA benefits to include but are not limited to:
- Service Connected Disability Compensation
- Non-Service Connected Pension
- VA Healthcare Enrollment
- Burial &, Survivor Benefits
- Education Benefits
The Veterans Service Officer can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org