To view a comprehensive consumer guide on VA benefits for veterans and active military please click here. This covers compensation, pension, education, medical treatment and many other benefits. Also, the Chaffee County Veteran Service Officer at (719) 239-4678 for an appointment and to assist in all applications.
Cash Assistance Programs
- Food Assistance Food Assistance is a program to assist with the cost of food.
- Home Care Allowance This is a cash assistance program for individuals that need assistance in daily living.
- Old Age Pension This is a cash assistance program for low-income persons, ages 60 or over, and may include medical benefits.
Medical Assistance Programs
- Long Term Care (Nursing Home) This is a program for person needing help to pay for services in a medical facility for more than 30 consecutive days. Persons have to meet a medical assessment.
- Long Term Care (Home and Community Based Services) This is a program for person needing help to pay for services in their home for more than 30 consecutive days. These persons have to meet a medical assessment.
- Medicare Savings Program (QMB, SLMB, QI-1) These programs may help persons receiving Part A (Prescriptions are not a covered benefit.)
- Medicare Part D–Low Income Subsidy (LIS) This program may help person receiving Medicare Part D with their premiums, co-pays and deductibles.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Medicaid This program provides medical benefits for anyone receiving SSI. (No application needed for this program)
- Old Age Pension-State Medical Program This program may help person receiving Old Age Pension Financial Assistance.