Compassion and Choices is a national nonprofit dedicated to improving care, expanding options and empowering everyone to chart their end-of-life journey. We offer free tools and resources to help people plan for an end-of-life experience that aligns with their values, priorities, and beliefs. A few of these resources include:
Tools to Finish Strong– two interactive, web-based tools that will help people take control of their care and address planning end-of-life care at every stage-even after a dementia diagnosis. You can access the tools here.
End of Life Consultation Program– provides information on the full range of options at the end of life. EOLC, and representatives of EOLC, do not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment, or any legal advice. Compassion & Choices does not endorse or encourage any particular plan or option, our goal is simply to educate people on the full range of their end-of-life options. Whether to implement a plan or make an end-of-life decision is each individual’s choice.
Call 1-800-247-7421 to speak with an end-of-life consultant.
**EOLC is not a crisis line. If you are having an emergency go to your local emergency room or call emergency services at 911.
Our caring EOLC consultants provide information and education on (Language interpreter services are available):
- Benefits of palliative and hospice care
- Completing advance directives
- Ways to navigate the healthcare system
- How friends and family members can advocate for their loved ones
- How to ask for effective pain and symptom management
- Medical aid in dying for terminally ill, mentally capable adults
- Other means for attaining a peaceful death, such as
- voluntarily stopping eating and drinking (VSED)
- refusing unwanted medical treatment
- discontinuing life-sustaining treatment under the care of a physician
- Compassionate, patient-centered end-of-life care
Doc2Doc-A resource tailored to practicing physicians, Doc2Doc offers you readily available, free, confidential telephone consultation with one of our seasoned medical directors, each with years of experience in end-of-life medical care.
As a doctor, having an open relationship with each patient is critical to ensuring they receive the care they truly want. Doc2Doc helps physicians provide unbiased information and better care to patients who ask about available end-of-life options.
Presentations on End-of-Life Planning and Care: You can request presentations for groups or organizations here.
Volunteer: Volunteers are at the heart of Compassion & Choices advocacy, education and outreach efforts, paving the way for a full range of end-of-life options nationwide. Sign up to volunteer here.