Eagle County Healthy Aging is dedicated to serving the over 60 population of Eagle County with nutrition, transportation, social activities, and educational programs that help older adults maintain independence, dignity & purpose. These programs are provided directly, as well as through community collaboration, senior involvement, and referrals.
Community & Food Resources
The Eagle County community has a large array of available food resources, including food pantries, free dinners, and free meals for seniors.
- Healthy Aging Resources
- Senior Community Meals
- Home Delivered Meals
- Health and Wellness
- Caregiver Support
- Transportation Options
Old Age Pension (OAP)
Monthly cash benefits are provided to adults over the age of 60 whose income is below the state’s standard. Only U.S. citizens or legal residents may be eligible.
Case Management Services for Adults
Adults in the Eagle County community may be eligible for a prevention program called Case Management for adults. This program can provide information and connection to:
- Health care and behavioral health care services , including navigating Medicare
- Financial resources
- State & Federal Programs: Apply online for all state and federal food, medical, child care, energy, and cash assistance programs at Colorado.gov/Peak or call 970-328-8888 with questions.
- Local food resources , including home delivered meals
- Transportation resources
- Ombudsman and legal referrals
- Individualize goal setting
- Veteran’s services
- Much more!
Veteran Services Officers can assist Veterans and their families with applying for benefits, including:
- Veteran’s Health Care
- Compensation and Pension Claims
- Training and Education
- Home Loan Guarantees
- Life Insurance
- Burial and Memorial Benefits
- Reserve and National Guard
- Transition Assistance
- Appeals of VA Claims Decisions
- Military Medals and Records
- Dependents and Survivors Benefits
Golden Eagle Senior Center
Entrance For Adult Services information or to reserve the Senior Center, contact Health and Human Services at 970-328-8840. To inquire about housing or other related topics, contact Leona Perkins at the Golden Eagle Apartments at 970-328-8897.
Castle Peak Senior Care Community was conceived in response to the critical needs of a growing number of older adults in Eagle County. The county is partnering with the nonprofit organization Augustana Care to build the care community on a three-acre site in Eagle Ranch.