AmeriCorps Seniors-RSVP is a national service program, like Peace Corps and AmeriCorps, but which works to match volunteers, age 55+ with local, part-time opportunities at nonprofit partner agencies and hospitals. In Denver, AmeriCorps Seniors is hosted and housed by its sponsor, Volunteers of America Colorado.
Looking to volunteer but not sure where to start?
The Denver AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP has partnerships with more than 50 different partner agencies in Denver, Douglas, and Western Arapahoe Counties and hundreds of volunteer opportunities. Contact our office and speak to one of our coordinators so we can discover your passions and skills and help place you in an impactful and fulfilling role.
RSVP’S FOUR FOCUS AREAS INCLUDE: HEALTHY FUTURES, EDUCATION, VETERAN SERVICES, AND COMMUNITY NEEDS. VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Tutor and Mentor children in schools
- Provide GED Training
- Deliver or serve meals to seniors
- Work with Veterans and their families
- Educate the community on disaster preparedness
- Be an Art Studio Ambassador
- Become a knitting/Crochet instructor
- Help alleviate Food insecurity in food banks
- Do you like to garden? We have a place for you…