Rio Blanco County Dept of Human Services- SNAP and Senior Nutrition
Please contact DHS for food stamp and senior nutrition programs. For more information also visit Rio Blanco County’s White River Roundup Senior Nutrition Program.
White River Roundup
In-person dining has resumed in both Meeker and Rangely
The White River Roundup is a senior nutrition program designed to provide nutritious meals and social support to seniors aged 60 and over. There are two congregate senior meal sites in Rio Blanco County, the Chuckwagon in Meeker and the Radino Center in Rangely. We also provide home-bound wheels through White River Round-up meal sites for those over 60 years of age.
For persons who are at least 60 years of age, the suggested donation amount is $2.50, although no one will be turned away for inability to donate. For those under 60, meal prices are $10.25.
For reservations (site or home-bound) please call before 8:00 am the day of the meal.
Lunch is served Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday @ 12:00 In Meeker -Chuckwagon
Lunch is served Monday, Tuesday Wednesday, and Friday @12:00 In Rangely -Radino
For reservations or further information call Chuckwagon Meeker at 970-878-9671 or Radino Rangely at 970-878-9638.
- Chuckwagon in Meeker located at 200 Main Street, Meeker, CO 81641
- Radino in Rangely located at 403 North White Ave, Rangely CO 81648
- Meeker Streaker 970-456-7701
- Rangely Rambler 970-629-1545
Radino Senior Center
The Radino Senior Center opened in 1984, to provide adults an opportunity to stay active and socialize. The Radino Senior Center is open to all but is specialized for adults 60 years of age & up. The Radino Senior Center is a 3,700 Square Foot Facility with a commercial kitchen, dining hall, and billiards room. The primary use of the facility is for the White River Roundup senior nutrition program; however, the facility is open for other uses.
Senior Citizen Homestead Exemption
A qualified senior is a person who meets each of the following requirements:
- A surviving spouse of a senior who qualified for the exemption may also apply.
- Senior must be at least 65 years old on January 1 of the year the application is filed.
- Senior must have owned their home for at least 10 years.
- Senior must have lived in their home for at least 10 years.