Rocky Mountain Regional VA Medical Center and Veterans Aid and Attendance

1700 N Wheeling St


CO 80045



VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System offers a variety of health services to meet the needs of our nation’s Veterans. Please see below for more information regarding the Veteran’s Aid and Attendance program

Military Veterans’ and Survivor Benefits

Veterans Aid and Attendance

VA Aid and Attendance benefit provides monthly payments added to the amount of a monthly VA pension for qualified Veterans and their qualifying survivors.

VA Aid and Attendance eligibility

You may be eligible for this benefit if you get a VA pension—including a Survivor Pension–and you meet at least one of the requirements listed below.

At least one of these must be true:

  • You need another person to help you perform daily activities, like bathing, feeding, and dressing, or
  • You have to stay in bed—or spend a large portion of the day in bed—because of illness, or
  • You are a patient in a nursing home due to the loss of mental or physical abilities related to a disability, or
  • Your eyesight is limited (even with glasses or contact lenses you have only 5/200 or less in both eyes; or concentric contraction of the visual field to 5 degrees or less)

To learn more:

I am a Dependent or Survivor – Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs (va.gov)

Am I eligible? How do I apply for it? Aid And Attendance Benefits And Housebound Allowance | VA.gov | Veterans Affairs

Who can help me?  County Veterans Service Offices | Colorado Division of Veterans Affairs and you can learn more about what you need to know here: PACT_SW_Trifold.pdf (va.gov)

What about Geriatrics and Extended Care? Aid And Attendance Benefits And Housebound Allowance | VA.gov | Veterans Affairs

Geriatrics and Extended Care Home (va.gov)

VA Social Workers are a key link between the veterans and their families in understanding and accessing the many benefits provided to our nation’s military veterans and their families and survivors. Social Work – Department of Veterans Affairs – VHA Social Work (va.gov)

Are you a dependent or surviving family member of a veteran? You need to know: I am a Dependent or Survivor – Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs (va.gov)

Service Areas Details:

  • Boulder County and City of Boulder
  • Central Mountains: Chaffee, Custer, Fremont, Lake
  • City and County of Denver
  • City of Aurora
  • Colorado Springs Metro area: Counties of El Paso, Park, Teller
  • Denver Metro area: Counties of Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Gilpin, Jefferson
  • Eastern Plains: Counties of Cheyenne, Elbert, Kit Carson, Lincoln
  • Larimer County and City of Fort Collins
    Las Animas/ Huerfano: Counties of Huerfano, Las Animas
  • Northeast Colorado: Counties of Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, Yuma
  • Northwest: Counties of Garfield, Mesa, Moffat, Rio Blanco, Routt
  • Pueblo County and City of Pueblo
  • San Juan Region: Counties of Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata, Montezuma, San Juan
  • South Central Colorado: Counties of Alamosa, Conejos, Costilla, Mineral, Rio Grande, Saguache
  • Southeast Colorado: Baca, Bent, Crowley, Kiowa, Prowers, Otero
  • Summit Region: Counties of Eagle, Grand, Jackson, Pitkin, Summit
  • Weld County
  • West Central: Counties of Delta, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Montrose, Ouray, San Miguel