Food – Utilities – RTD – Reduced Fares – Durable Medical Equipment on loan –
We offer emergency food to help out until the food bank opens on Thursdays. Services include:- Emergency food. We also can provide emergency hygiene and cleaning supplies. Appointments are required for emergency supplies during service hours and SAC is serving only Denver County with this program.
Utility assistance can help clients catch up on utility bills during times of unemployment or illness OR if utility costs are more than a client can afford if gives them time to find solutions such as weatherizing, home sharing or finding an affordable living arrangement.
- This program helps people with income at or below 180% of federal poverty guidelines.
- This program helps people who are older than 54 years old.
- They live in Denver County or 80033, 80212, 80214, 80215 zip codes of Jefferson County.
- At least a portion of the utility bill is past due.
- Must be approved for LEAP during LEAP season (Nov-Apr).
- Must be making regular payments.
REDUCED COST RTD
Eligible clients (65+) can apply and purchase monthly RTD passes at reduced fares!
DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT LOANS
Available free of charge though inventory is donation based. There are no motorized, electronic or large items. Available may be: canes, grabbers/reachers, standard walkers, rollator walkers, commode risers, bedside commodes, shower chairs, transfer benches or wheelchairs.