To serve in partnership with our stakeholders to support a healthy quality of life for seniors, allowing them to age safely with dignity and independence.
The value, worth and needs of all seniors are identified and honored.
OUR GUIDING VALUES
- Respect for the value and quality of life of seniors
- Commitment to excellence, innovation, compassion, and respect in all we do
- Commitment to customer driven collaborative solutions to problems and effective community partnerships
- Commitment to continual improvement of practices
- Identifying and implementing new, creative ways to serve seniors
Silver Key is proud to serve thousands of seniors in the Pikes Peak region. We offer a variety of services for area seniors to maintain their independence, safety and quality of life.
We recognize four leaders who have left their mark on Silver Key including, founder Betsey Myers-Burroughs and advocate Clifford King, along with a group of conscientious citizens wishing to improve the quality of life for those in nursing homes. With the help of these individuals and first Executive Director Mikki Kraushaar, Silver Key was incorporated in 1970 and officially opened its doors thanks to grant monies awarded by the Older Americans Act. Patricia Ellis retired in 2019 after leading the organization for eight years, including the expansion of services facilitated by our move to the South Murray campus.
We remember and celebrate each and every donor, volunteer, partner and advocate in the community who shares our mission to provide seniors with safety, independence and dignity as they move through the aging process.