Friendly Fork (Senior Nutrition)
The Senior Nutrition Program provides nutritious and delicious lunches for seniors served at twenty-two sites throughout Weld County. Social and educational opportunities are also available before and after meals. Participants have the opportunity to voluntarily contribute whatever they can afford to help offset the cost of the meal. Our suggested minimum donation is posted at each nutrition site. The Senior Nutrition Program’s meal meets 33 1/3 percent of the daily recommended dietary allowance
Who can dine with us?
• If you are at least 60 years of age
• If you are a spouse of a person at least 60 years of age
• If you are under the age of 60 and are currently residing in a subsidized housing complex that offers a nutrition meal site on location
• Guests are welcome to attend the program but are required to pay a guest fee.
When you are ready to join us for lunch, please call and make a reservation at the meal site you wish to attend. Reservations and cancellations are required and must be made 24 hours in advance. If you are unable to cancel your reservation, a donation is encouraged. The meals are provided at various locations throughout Weld County.
Information regarding meal locations and phone numbers may be obtained by calling (970) 400-6132.
Available senior nutrition education opportunities
Learn About Such Things as:
* Reading a Nutrition Label: Nutrition labels provide product-specific information about the serving size, calories, and nutrient information for the food we consume.
* Food Safety at Home: Safety tips to keep foods out of the “Danger Zone” and which foods are more at risk when cooking from home.